WFSE/AFSCME 47th Biennial Convention
October 13-15, 2017 (convenes at 1pm)
Doubletree Hotel at Seattle Airport
18740 International Blvd., Seattle WA 98188
Get Convention updates:
Text WFSEcon to 237263
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our union’s highest governing body is the convention of the membership held in odd-numbered years. It will be held October 12-15, 2017 in Seatac, WA.
WFSE/AFSCME locals elect dues-paying members as delegates and alternates to the convention. At the convention, the delegates elect the union’s officers, formulate policies for the next biennium and consider any amendments to the Council 28 Constitution.
Alternates and delegates to the convention are nominated and elected by their Locals. If you are interested in attending as a representative of your local, please contact your local president for more information.
- FRI Jun 16: Voting begins for Delegates/Alternates
- SAT Jul 15: Deadline to submit Constitutional Amendments that change the council's per capita tax
- TUE Aug 15:
- Mail Constitutional Amendments to change per capita tax with the Council Executive Board recommendation.
- Master Credential List and Credentials Due
- Committee assignment requests due
- WED Aug 30: Constitution Amendments not pertaining to per capita tax and Resolutions due.
- FRI Sep 8: Constitutional Amendments/Resolutions will be mailed to delegates and alternates.
- By WED Aug 30: Committee Assignments mailed.
TENTATIVE CONVENTION SCHEDULE
- THU Oct 12
- 10am-1:30pm Council 28 Executive Board Meeting
- Noon-6pm Convention Registration
- 2-3:300m Committee Chairs, Co-Chairs Meeting
- 4-9pm Comittee Meetings
- 6:30-8pm Workshops
- FRI Oct 13
- 8am-4pm Convention Registration
- 9am-Noon Workshops
- 1-5pm 47th Biennial Convention begins
- Social 5:30pm
- Banquet 6-9pm
- SAT Oct 14
- 7:30-9am Convention Registration
- 9am-5pm Convention reconvenes
- 5-6pm Women's Happy Hour - Women's/Equal Partners Committee
- 6:30pm Candidate Forum
- 8pm PEOPLE event
- SUN Oct 15
- 7-9am Officer Elections
- 9am Convention reconvenes
- REGISTRATION & HOUSING (online registration coming soon)
coming later this summer
- Delegate Guide Booklet (printed)
- Resolutions & Constitutional Amendments
- Convention Rules (as approved by Rules Committee)
- Convention Committee Meetings (schedule)
- Pre-convention Workshops (on Oct 12!)
The 47th Biennial Convention of the Washington Federation of State Employees, Council 28 AFSCME AFLCIO, will be held in Seattle, Washington at the Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport (18740 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98188) on October 13-15, 2017.
The Convention will begin on Friday, October 13, at 1:00 pm.
A series of awards are presented during the biennial convention. Information about our nomination process was posted in the April 2017 union newspaper (The Washington State Employee). Use these forms to submit a nomination.
Page Last Updated: May 04, 2017 (11:15:00)