Due to the extraordinary events at The Evergreen State College this past week, voting on the Student Support Services Staff Union (S4U) tentative agreement is extended until 5pm on Wednesday, June 14.
Here's what TESC-S4U members need to know:
- The unique logins and passwords mailed to your home address remain valid. Go to http://vote.wfse.org to cast your vote.
- Voting instructions with your unique login and password are being mailed out again today. Please watch your mail for them.
Voting Assistance Center (VAC) is where you can meet with WFSE staff to cast your vote and answer questions. WFSE staff will have your login/password information available, so please exercise your right to vote on the tentative agreement.
- VOTING ASSISTANCE CENTERS
- TUE JUN 13 11:30am-1:30pm at LIB 1001
- WED JUN 14 11:30-1:30pm LIB 1001
Please call us at 800-562-6002 if you have questions.
TESC-S4U CONTRACT RATIFICATION
Negotiation of the 2017-2019 Tentative Agreement between the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) and the TESC Student Support Services Staff Union (TESC-S4U) concluded on May 4, 2017.
Online Voting Instructions
Voting is easy. Here's what you need to know:
You can only vote once, and you can't change your vote once you've voted.
This online election is by secret ballot. Your vote is confidential. The online database only knows who has voted, not how you vote.
Voting ends at 5pm on June 14, 2017
To cast your vote:
- Locate your assigned username and password mailed to your home address.*
- Click ONLINE VOTING to cast your vote.
- Sign-in using your assigned username and password.
- To cast your vote, select YES to ACCEPT or NO to REJECT.
*Call 1-800-562-6002 if you need your username/password.
Summary of Tentative Agreement
This is a summary that highlights and explains the most significant provisions of the Tentative Agreement reached between the WFSE TESC-S4U bargaining unit and The Evergreen State College (TESC). It does not cover every article nor every provision.
Major goals achieved in tough economic times include:
- 2% increase on 7/1/2017 (see Art. 40).
- 2% increase on 7/1/2018 (see Art. 40).
- 2% increase on 1/1/2019 (see Art. 40).
- $200 lump sum on August 25, 2017 (see Art. 40)
- Increased vacation leave accrual. (see Art. 13).
- Arranged meeting this summer to propose automatic step increases (see MOU)
- Arranged meeting to review TESC's policies on work/life balance (see MOU)
- Added Bonding Time and Pregnancy/Childbirth to Shared Leave. (see Art. 15).
Please vote YES to ACCEPT this agreement! Watch your mail for your Voting Instructions and unique login/password.
Your TESC-S4U Bargaining Team recommends a YES vote.
Go to ONLINE VOTING
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ECONOMIC GAINS IN 2017-2019 ARTICLES
Article 43 Compensation
- 2% across the board increase effective 7/1/17
- 2% across the board increase effective 7/1/18
- 2% across the board increase effective 1/1/19
- $200 Lump Sum (see Art. 40)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NON-ECONOMIC GAINS IN 2017-2019 ARTICLES
Article 6 Hiring and Appointments
- Decreased standard probation time from ten to nine months
Article 12 Holidays
- Added the two new faith or conscience references for legislatively created unpaid holidays to this article
Article 13 Vacation Leave
- Increased annual vacation leave by eight hours
Article 19 Suspended Operations
- Added a day off for employees required to work during suspended operations regardless of actual hours worked
Article 33 Layoff and Seniority
- Reduced removal of seniority rights for suspended members from two years to one year, also limited employer to only using evaluations that are more than six months old when assigning seniority rights
Go to ONLINE VOTING
2017-2019 TENTATIVE AGREEMENT PDF